CUT LEADERSHIP CHARTER
quality and inspirational leadership is the cornerstone of any successful
organisation. This value-based leadership charter sets out areas in which
managers should lead by example and demonstrate appropriate behaviour to the
rest of CUT community. At all times, it is expected of all managers to live by
institutional and progressive societal values and exhibit the expected
behaviours when discharging their duties.
- provide vision and direction;
- manage the unit or division I am responsible for;
- develop my unit or division;
- manage performance of my subordinates;
- develop people and subordinates;
- develop students;
- engage with our internal and external communities;
- communicate regularly and effectively.
This leadership charter should be read and
practiced in conjunction with CUTís motto, vision and mission and its core
values as reflected below.
BEYOND captivates the aspirations of a new university of technology prepared to
boldly shape its own future in dynamic and innovative ways.
2020, Central University of Technology, Free State, shall be an engaged
university that focuses on producing quality social and technological
innovations in socio-economic developments, primarily in the Central region of
aspiring to fulfil its vision, CUT:
- Delivers high-quality appropriate Science, Engineering and Technology (SET) academic
programmes supported by applied research.
- Engages with the community for mutually beneficial development.
- Promotes access with success in attracting high-quality students and supports them to
become employable graduates.
- Attracts and retains expert staff and supports their development and wellbeing.
- Forges strategic partnerships.
primary core value of any University is academic freedom, which is enshrined in
the Bill of Rights of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa. This
core value must be buttressed by institutional autonomy, but within an
environment where public accountability is seen as a virtue. Principles and
behaviours defined in the Charter must accord with these and the institutional
core values below.
- Customer service